reused purpose statement from 2017

REUSED PURPOSE STATEMENT FROM 2017

ATLANTA --- So today, instead of doing a fresh policy-coolness info-dump, candidate Alex Barrella decided to dredge up a vintage statement on my reasoning/intent for running for Mayor of Atlanta back in 2017 for a cbs46 piece on my campaign. hope it is informative & showcases that my goals from back then line up with my current ones; albeit a bit less honed / not enough yet radical:

~
People of Atlanta;
    I am running because I don't believe there is anyone more radical to fill the space of Mayor than me. I don't believe that the city government is currently moving in a direction where the things we folk care about are being addressed quickly or at all.

    I want to champion a bunch of quality-of-life improvements that, if put in place, would greatly improve Atlanta. I want to shift the distribution of power from the wealthy to everyone by pushing policy that benefits not developers and corporations foremost, but which makes life better for our citizens.

    I want to implement a basic income program to give everyone the freedom to pursue their passions with $1k a month; enough to take a load of pressure off things like rent and eating.

    I want to 'Robin Hood' 60% of new luxury housing units being produced and make them public housing to try and mitigate people being pushed out of homes/neighborhoods/the city itself.

    I want to modernize broken and out-dated stuffs like implementing super-secure, fraud proof, verifiable yet anonymous online/offline voting. I want city-wide access to speedy cheat and open internet and to put a new website in place where everyone has access to our legislative process using open source software.

    I want every traffic light in the city to be smart using programing and sensors in a way which'd make our roads flow more efficiently. I want to expand public transit & get rail service to many more places. I want to put sidewalks where it seems we forgot to do so.

    I want to stop people getting hit with life-ending sentences for non-violent criminal offences. No more prison profits. I want the people to know that the city has their back to pursue happiness and freedom, and to demonstrate this by shifting the focus off monied interests and on to our individual rights as citizens.

    I hope enough people catch my message because I am confident that my aspirations and goals match what any individual might want from a public leader and for that reason I believe I'm the best canidate for our city. Voting 4me would send the message: 'we are ready for the status quo to change and it's going to'.

Thank you,

Alex Barrella (August 23rd 2017)

~ 

~still the best 'canidate' IMHO~
✊πŸΌπŸ’š-ALEX BARRELLA